You Completed Your Application!
What can you expect now?
As the Admissions Department hands off the baton to the school, we want to ensure a seamless transition for you and your child.
Check Your Email:
Stay tuned to your inbox for important updates about your child’s enrollment. We’ll provide essential credentials, login details, your child’s schedule, testing times, and an invitation to our upcoming Orientation event.
Expect upcoming emails covering your child’s schedule, testing times, and a special invitation to our Orientation event the week before school starts. This usually comes out on a Tuesday afternoon.
During Thursday’s Orientation, the following will be covered:
- Navigating Canvas for course, how to navigate to Homeroom, grades, and communication.
- Using the Engage platform, Microsoft Teams, VR headsets, and laptops.
- Introduction to the Family Hub for important information.
Contact from Academic Team:
- Expect contact from our Senior Director of Academic Advising, your child’s ELA teacher, and their Math teacher the week of orientation. Keep an eye on your inbox for these important communications.
- Additionally, our Academic Dean meets with teachers and parents as needed to discuss IEP and 504 accommodations.
- You should receive a welcome letter, a link to school information, and a link to join the Facebook Group the week of application completion.
Equipment Needed and System Requirements:
- It’s important to understand that equipment purchased through the school is intended exclusively for school use.
- VR Headsets:
- Supported Devices – ENGAGE | Enterprise Metaverse Applications (engagevr.io)
- VR headsets are required for grades 4-9 to complete teacher-led courses (on-demand students can also use VR headsets to enhance the learning experience).
- Third graders will be introduced to VR headsets in the Spring semester. This is when VR headsets will be sent.
- Third graders using scholarship funds will have their VR headset sent upon receipt of payment.
- After an application is complete, it must be verified. Once application is verified, information on obtaining a VR headset will be emailed
- Laptops are required to complete school assignments in Canvas, our Learning Management System, whether on demand or live. Also, to join Microsoft Teams for any teacher instruction.
- Please see System Requirements – Optima Academy Online and Supported Devices – ENGAGE | Enterprise Metaverse Applications (engagevr.io).
- A reliable WiFi connection is essential for your child’s online learning experience. Make sure your WiFi setup meets the requirements outlined on our System Requirements – Optima Academy Online.
If your family requires financial assistance for equipment, please reach back out to Admissions, email@example.com. While payment plans are not available for equipment at this time, we’re here to explore potential options with you.
The weekly newsletter is distributed on Mondays. If you haven’t received it, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will ensure that you are added to the distribution list.
In our Learning Management System, Canvas, we offer a Family Hub filled with information for families. Once you gain access, make sure to explore it!
Join Email List for the Latest on OAO
Want to learn more about our online classes? Join our email list by submitting the form below. We promise to only provide engaging, important content for you and your family.